Improper Preparation of the Concrete Surface
Improper concrete surface preparation tops the list of reasons for failure of epoxy flooring installation. Epoxy flooring needs to be completely clean for the proper adherence of the epoxy material to the concrete surface.
Epoxy will only adhere to a clean concrete surface. The surface should be free of oils, grease, dust, dirt, debris and existing sealers through grinding or acid etching.
Contaminants can cause Fisheye which pulls the epoxy material away from the concrete surface during the curing process. Old and new concrete surfaces need to go through the same preparation process.
Moisture is also a culprit for failure in epoxy flooring installation. The concrete surface needs to be completely dry prior to epoxy flooring installation to bubbling of the flooring surface during the curing process. A moisture test is conducted to check for moisture in the concrete surface.
Businesses That Will Benefit From Epoxy Flooring
Numerous commercial establishments and industrial facilities can rely on epoxy flooring system as the most ideal solution to their flooring needs including but not limited to:
- Retail Stores
- Auto Dealers and Showrooms
- Hotels and Restaurants
- Hospitals and Medical Facilities
- Schools and Gymnasiums
- Food and Beverage Processing Plants
- Manufacturing Plants
- Pharmaceutical Laboratories
- Airports and Airplane Hangars
Epoxy flooring system installed by professional epoxy contractors will ensure well-functioning flooring systems that will last long years.
Importance of Hiring Professional Epoxy Flooring Installers
Proper preparation and installation is crucial in making the epoxy flooring hold up to the extreme demands of commercial and industrial facilities.
Epoxy flooring in commercial and industrial facilities need to be pr?cised and perfect to ensure a high performing epoxy flooring system. Along this line, it is the best decision to work with professional, experienced and highly skilled epoxy flooring installations. Here are the reasons why:
- Proper preparation of the concrete surface is crucial to epoxy flooring installation. Professional epoxy flooring installers make sure the concrete surface is well prepared to endure utmost adherence of the epoxy material to the concrete surface. Professional epoxy installers also make sure concrete surface is smooth and with any seams or cracks.
- Professional epoxy installers are often affiliated with reliable epoxy material manufacturers. As such you are sure that your epoxy flooring is made of top grade materials to ensuring hygienic, safe and easy to clean flooring system.
- Professional epoxy flooring installers are knowledgeable in the proper methods of flooring installation focusing on superior results.
- Professional epoxy flooring installers are licensed, insured and bonded. This is important in the event that any untoward incident happens during installation.
- Professional installers provide a warranty of their job.